pinterest code

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

nine

It has been nine years since I became a mommy for the first time.  Actually nine years plus one month since Grant's birthday was actually a month ago.  If we want to get real creative I can go ahead and add in the nine months and four days that I was pregnant (because they should totally count) and say it's been close to 10 years since I first became a mom.  

But anyhow... 

My first born, my sweet sweet boy, my Grant Taylor who I call Bubba, had his ninth birthday on February 21st.  And I figure there is no better way to break my two months of not blogging then celebrating such a wonderful boy.

 I shared this shot the morning of his birthday on Instagram.  The caption mentioned something about me not being too sad about him being older since he not only still sleeps with his baby blanket, but he even brings it to the breakfast table. 

 Grant decided he wanted to have his party at K1 Speed this year which meant we needed to keep it small.  So he invited eight friends and they ate pizza and raced their little boy hearts out!  It was perfect.



 He isn't a fan of cake or of anything related to cake so he picks either brownies or chocolate chip cookies every year.
 I know I am biased and all but there is no sweeter boy then this one.  The phrase "melts my heart" is so overused that it doesn't have the intensity I need it to have when I say that this kid seriously does melt my heart on a regular basis.

 Grant, I can't believe it's been nine years since you were born... it has flown right by.  It feels like forever ago and yesterday all at the same time.
 It will forever be a special gift to me that your grandpa was able to meet and hold you.

 You were such a cute, silly, rosy cheeked ham as a little boy.  You've grown into a larger, quieter version of that same little boy.


 Just when I thought I couldn't love you more than I already did or that you couldn't possibly be any sweeter than you already were, you became a big brother and we were amazed by you even more.  One day Avery will get it.  I promise.  She will see how awesome she had it all these years.  You are so good to her and I'm so very thankful for that.

 Now you're big and will keep getting bigger.  I don't actually mind it so much because you still enjoy a good snuggle with your momma and I love watching you grow and change.  
There are so many good days but there are hard and frustrating days also.  Some days are a little scary for me watching you grow up and knowing all that is out there in this world ready to face you as you grow.  But, I know three things are for sure... you have a good heart, I trust God's path for you and I will always love you.  More than any other hope I have for you, I hope that you always know those three things to be truth.

Happy nine year and one month birthday sweet boy... I love you so very much and you make me so proud.
love,
momma




1 comment:

  1. I just popped over from the Elevate conference group and this post totally made me tear up! Your relationship with your son is so beautiful. He seems like a wonderful kid!

    ReplyDelete