pinterest code

Monday, June 2, 2014

is it summer yet

We have entered the time of year when I check out mentally from school and fully switch over to all wonderful things summer. The problem is, we still have nine more days of school.  It was very sad to see this past weekend come to an end.  When the alarm went off this morning I'm quite positive I rolled my eyes at it.  Yes, I rolled my eyes at an alarm.  I know, it makes as much sense as saying, "How about using your blinker?!?!" to the person driving the car in front of you, who can't even hear you.  I do that also... so it's all normal around here.

Anyhow, this weekend was filled with lots of family time. We worked together on many house projects, we gardened, the kids played wiffle ball with Bryan, they had a lot of fun on the slip n slide and we even enjoyed a Sunday night back yard fire which obviously included s'mores.  It was pretty much a perfect weekend in my book.
While I photographed their fun time I literally felt like I needed to be pinched.  This is my real life, and although it's far from perfect and they don't always play together this well or smile this adorably, they are mine, they are awesome, and I am so thankful.  I feel like I hit the jackpot with these two and I love when the simple moments in life remind me.


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way!! Oh, and Noah doesn't even get out until the 24th!!!? What the!? As you can tell by my IG feed, I am already addicted to the beach. Luckily Hayden is on board with that plan ;)

    ReplyDelete